About Me

My photo
Video Production major. From China. Have been in the U.S. for 4 years.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog Assignment 1A: Creative Person

What kind f creative person am I? Em...That is a very good question. I am the creative person that start using my creativity in the middle of process of something. That means sometimes I couldn't get an very creative idea in the beginning, but while I progress my project, I become more creative and will change many things I have done early in the process. Hope this may make sense. However, after I am done, when I see other people's work, I will say to myself, "why I did not think of that? That is so cool." I would say the most creative things I make is during sleep. Before I fall in asleep, I would think tons of idea of my project, my future new home, or my life in the future; and in my dreams, I always dream very strange things. One day I told my father about my wired dreams, he said I should write those down so someday may become a creative idea.

Actually, no one or I can't remember who directly inspire me to be this kind of creative person or to choose this major. Before I came to the U.S. four years ago, I would never think of me involved in the industry that need a lot of creativity, team work, and knowledge from many field. Also, when I was in China, we as student did not get many opportunities to explore our creativities. The event that inspires me become a creative person was to involve in doing yearbook of my high school after I came to the U.S. Planning the template and all that stuff needed creativity, too. Since then, I become interested in media and finally I decided to choose this major, which I think I can meet more and more creative people who could inspire me more.

1. Pirates of Caribbean by Gore Verbinski


Many people familiar with Captain Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl. I have not watched until this winter, (I know I am behind with all famous movies) and as soon as I finish The Curse of Black Pearl, I felled in love with the movie. I loved it not only the characters were handsome and beautiful, but also the way it composed was amazing.  I watched the preparation and back the scene segments, and there were much work to find a port, build a exact smaller-protion ship, and set the cave in studio in Los Angeles. Form the movie, we can see the contrast and affinity between these characters and the scenes. For example, Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have different goals and want different to sail on the sea, but they are the same to have goals and know how to trade with others and each other. They all have something to protect.This movie haven't inspire me anything in my work yet, but it inspires me to think more widely and to learn more knowledge in every field. By the way, I also love the music in the movie by Klaus Badelt, which was completely bound with the movie.

2. Home Alone 2 by Chris Columbus


This is the first movie I saw when I was a kid. At that time, the only thing that "inspired" me was "I really want to the U.S. for Christmas."Now it comes true. The movie is not like those 1 billion budget and 2 billion profit movies, it is a family movie with some elements of adventure and comedy and was a holiday movie, so it is very relaxed. Consciously, the movie presents that the kid is very smart and used his creativity and some help to bit two bad guys. Subconsciously, it says that adult are so arrogant that ignore children's power and eventually lead themselves to failure. When people become adult, the dark and cruel side of true society conquer their purity. In contrast, the children can use their imagination and do what they want, even though they make mistakes that not too serious, they can be forgiven. Here it inspires me: a lot of times, we can found inspiration of ideas from children's action and words, and we sometimes can think like a child.

3. Winter Tales by Sergey Yazvinsky

I found this video after somebody told me this great website for video making. I am learning stop-motion animation now and this certainly will inspire me in my work later of the quarter. Sergey Yazvinsky was very creative, he uses a vacuum as the main character. There were no narration or actual text, but the images can pretend to be the imagine text. The text says that if vacuum have a hand, he can do many things other than clean the floor. Behind the text, there is a massage about that only a few things could change the whole life.


Finally, the goal of me to be more creative is too watch more television shows and movies, so I could find more creative videos more easily.

1 comment: